What are the benefits of a Master Certified Trustee membership?
All ITA members, at every level, are granted access to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, trustee liability coverage, cyber liability insurance, and unlimited CLE.
- No felonies, regulatory discipline, suspension of a license, or published customer complaints within a regulatory format, within the last 5 years. These would be self-certified for now. A member has to adhere to our Code of Ethics and Member Best Practices and so state each year when annual dues are paid.
- Continuing education related to trust administration, estate planning, investments, elder law, or special needs would need to be at least 15 hours a year, with at least two of those hours dedicated to ethics or trustee litigation. These would be self-certified for now with annual dues statement.
- 10 professional references in addition to application and verification form
- Annual dues ($400/year plus $125 certification fee)
- Approval by membership committee and board of directors
- Holder of BA or BS
- 100 hours of continuing education over the previous five years
- Relevant experience, either:
- 10 years serving as trustee with JD, CPA, CFP, CTFA, or
- 10 years serving for at least 10 trusts with different families, in 5 different administrative environments.
To join ITA and apply for Master Certified Independent Trustee certification complete this form. Once your membership is established you will receive a link to complete the certification application.
Annual membership fees are subject to increase from time to time, and your payment method will be billed each year, based on the current membership fee for your level of membership. If you have questions, or concerns, please email info@TrusteeAlliance.com, thank you.